With inspiration from spring flowers we wanted to create natural, healthy looks with hints of stronger colors. Each picture had a color theme based on a specific flower or collection of dried flowers, that inspired the makeup execution of soft and dreamy looks.
I used mostly creamy and liquid products to make the skin dewy and flawless, and the eyes soft but still intensive.
1. Daisy - In this picture the flowers are doing a lot of the talking and I focused on a dewy, natural skin base with products from Cremorlab, RMS and Bobby Brown for Saptieu.
2. Pink Tulip - Keeping the same fresh, dewy feeling for the skin of our model Vera, I added the Tom Ford shadow extreme in pink for the eyelids and blended it out on the cheeks with Nars liquid blush in the color torrid, to go with the pink hints in the tulip.
3. Mimosa - The dried mimosa flower left yellow powder everywhere in the studio which I simulated with Mac’s pigment primary in yellow over the eyes of Saptieu.
4. Astrantia - Hair stylist Amanda put together dried flowers in earthy and blue tones for Veras hair, and added a more damp hair styling, and I focused on a natural base with some more glow from the TAN-LUXE, the gloss, bronzer and beige tones to go with it.
5. Forget me not - I combined different pressed and dried flowers to create this look for Vera, adding some more shimmer to her eyes with Kevyn Aucoin’s ”The Loose Shimmer Shadow” in Candlelight.
6. Anemone - Matching the purple color of the anemone I added the YSL ”Dazzling Lights” in the color rose stiletto for the lips, and Kevyn Aucoin’s Eye Gloss in color Galaxy.
7. Poppy - For this more earthy look I focused on the skin and brows with Pat McGrath’s Skinfetish and YSL Couture Brow.
8. Polka dot - I Added dried pieces of the flower around Veras eyes to match the dots of the Polka Dot Begonia.
9. Chrysanth - The photographer wanted a profile of Saptieu and I focused on adding some more color in a pink/copper shade from HH Minerals on her eyes to go with the background.
Julie Provis at Hart & Co.
Kristyan Hearts Low at DLM using Mac Cosmetics
Michelle Tran at Hart & Co.
Abra Kennedy using Oribe Germany
Christabel Draffin @Emma Davies Agency, using MAC Cosmetics